|Learning objectives By the end of the subtopic learners should be able to:|
There are rules you need to take note of when you are in a laboratory. These include:
1. Do not eat or drink in the laboratory.
2. Do not bring bags and extra books into the laboratory.
3. Do not taste anything unless instructed to do so by your teacher.
4. Do not touch chemicals with bare hands, always put on gloves when working with chemicals.
5. Make sure you understand all instructions and safety measures before carrying out an experiment.
6. Report all accidents to your teacher.
7. Do not run in the laboratory.
8. Handle all laboratory equipment with great care.
9. Put all solid waste into the bin and liquid waste in proper areas provides.
10.Clean apparatus after every experiment and clean all spilled things and broken glass.
Experiment: Changes when water is heated.
Apparatus/Materials: beaker, burner, stand, water